Re: Capitalization conventions for Debian release names

Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com> writes:
> Colin Watson wrote:

>> As someone from the UK, I'm slightly bemused by this. UK English
>> capitalizes acronyms and other abbreviations just as much as US
>> English does. Television is "TV", not "tv"; compact discs are
>> "CDs", not "cds";
>
> Oops.  I am non-native speaker and my English is broken.  This is
> another example of my mistake. So excuse me.
>
> Somehow, I had flakey impression that some common acronyms were spelled
> in lower case in "The economist" coming from UK.

The Economist sets abbreviations in small caps, i.e. upper case but in
smaller print than the rest of the text.  This can be hard to
distinguish from lower case for some letters - "S", "C" and "V" for
instance.  Perhaps that's where the confusion arises.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/