Re: problem generating PDF output for large DebianDoc docs

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 08:39:25AM -0400, Alan Shutko wrote:
> Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Another thing worth mentioning is that I changed the fonts to 'Palatino' and
> > 'Helvetica' to improve readability of the PDF and PS docs.
>
> Are you embedding Palatino?  If so, which one?  It's not one of the
> core PDF fonts, so you may have reduced the readability for many people.

I just put

\usepackage{palatino}
\usepackage{helvet}

in the LaTeX source.  It used to be 'times' iso 'palatino' but that gave
problems for supporting locales requiring 'latin2' as input encoding.  And
that 'times' has been in there for quite a while without anybody complaining.
So I hope I did this right. :-)

Thanks,
Ardo