problem generating PDF output for large DebianDoc docs

Hi,

After somewhat more rigorous testing on some larger documents it appears that
we run into the default pool sizes of LaTeX.  I'm not sure where exactly the
boundary lies, but the debian-policy (350K) is definitely too big to be turned
into a PDF document; the PS version can be generated without a problem.

The culprit is the added support for the complete ISO character entity set.
This is done (amongst others) by using the 'amssymb' LaTeX package which
takes up a lot of space.

I'm not exactly sure what to do.  I could take out the support for the ISO
character entities requiring the offending LaTeX package for now so we can
at least have all this working for woody and resolve the problem with the
appropriate authoritives on Debian's LaTeX packages in woody+1.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Ardo
--