Re: problem generating PDF output for large DebianDoc docs

From: Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org>
Subject: Re: problem generating PDF output for large DebianDoc docs
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:34:27 -0500

> > If tetex-bin >= 1.0.7+20011202-5.1 then it might help you
> > to add /etc/texmf/texmf.d/90boot (or something appropriate
> > name) which containes the line
> >
> > pool_size = 500000
> >
> > (or similar) and run update-texmf.
> >
> > Sorry if the problem is completely different from what I guessed.
>
> No, that's exactly in the right area.  But I did what you suggested and
> I still get the same error.  I somehow have got the feeling I might have
> to rebuild the LaTeX format and how do I do that?

I think that rebuilding LaTeX format is unnecessary
but "fmtutil --byfmt latex" will do the job.

Anyway, please check if /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf contains
pool_size = 500000 (or the value you set)

Did you test with bigger value than 500000?
(I don't know what is the real limit of pool_size)

Best regards,		  2002.4.22

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima