Re: Fwd: Re: Progeny Debian Manual Project

Osamu Aoki wrote:

By the way "apt-pkgset" and "gnome-apt-pkgset" seems to be Progeny specific.

Am I right.  Is there any way to accomodate it in Debian?

Yes, you're right; the programs were written by Progeny. I think that Eric Gillespie did most of the work on that.

The last I heard, some of Progeny's work was going to be released into Debian, but I don't think that it's been done yet.

Even if it has, I'm not sure that *apt-pkgset would be useful. The number of package sets that were created were relatively few, and don't include most Debian packages. More importantly, since the apps group packages into sets, I believe that keeping them useful would be a high-maintenance job.

--
Bruce Byfield 604.421.7177 bbyfield@axionet.com