Re: Original & Translation

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:

> Are you offering to set up a web page to list these resources as a
> first step to explore possible ways of coordination? :-)

Well, I guess I've let myself in for it ...

So, as a first attempt, the following page has been set up:

   http://startext.demon.co.uk/admin/distwiki/

 -- which, as you may gather, is a wikiweb, so that individual writers/
groups, etc, can make their own contributions, in their own way, in
their own language.

This is only a first step -- but it's there; it works -- please everyone
feel free to contribute.

Purpose of site:
----------------

__Linux Documentation - in languages other than English__

This site provides pointers to finding Linux documentation in languages
other than English -- also pointers to individual authors; and specific
language groups.

It is intended to provide a global clearing-house for those documents
which are not likely to be translated into English, but which
nevertheless provide a valuable resource for Linux users worldwide, and
which fall outside, or are simply not covered by, the normal LDP
document classifications.

If you are writing or working on such documentation, please add your own
pages here, so that others may find the documents your are producing.

This site is maintained by:
Martin Wheeler <mailto:msw@startext.co.uk>
Andy Cater <mailto:amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk>

All information and material placed on this site is deemed to have been
placed in the public domain.

msw
--
Martin Wheeler <mwheeler@startext.co.uk> gpg:1024D/01269BEB the.earth.li