Re: Original & Translation

> Is there any such thing as a team of editors for each different
> language in which documentation is produced?  (*NOT* translators --
> >>EDITORS<<. The same person may be able to do both jobs; but the job
> functions are different in each case.)

For french translations of material written in other languages, you have
www.traduc.org where translators and proof-readers collaborate. The
editing work is done in cooperation on the list and by the project leader.

Actually, www.linux-france.org does much more editing work than we do.

> Where do I find these people?

For the LDP, http://www.linuxdoc.org/vlist.html#te sounds like an
interesting starting point.

> How do I contact them to ask if there's a decent guide to any given
> subject in *their* language that I can't find in my own? (Particularly
> when it's language- or culture-specific.)

Are you offering to set up a web page to list these resources as a
first step to explore possible ways of coordination? :-)

--
Nicolas Chauvat

http://www.logilab.com - "Mais où est donc Ornicar ?" - LOGILAB, Paris (France)