Re: Renaming as "Debian Reference"?

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 04:34:25PM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> > > Questionable contents:
> > >   --- Keep these just as archives and no links from front pages:
> >
> > I'd prefer to keep them listed but clearly marked as bad.
>
> I agree. http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp should not contain direct links
> to these but just a single link to the archived document lists.

I suggest that there should be a standard format warning within the
document itself, so that it stays with the docoment even if it is printed.
For example, just below the title:

|                       Deprecated!                          |
|  This document contains dated and incorrect information.   |
|  Use it for research into Debian's past, only.             |
|                                    Debian docs maintainer  |

If the addition of something such as this mucks up the pagination in
the document, so be it. The person who wants a pretty printed copy
can remove the warning if he really wants to.

With such a warning inserted into the document, it should not be
necessary to hide the document in a special place.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@quiknet.com