Re: Second draft of Woody release notes

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 09:32:54PM +0000, Rob Bradford wrote:

> > > I did use a suprisingly large amount of content from the potato notes and i
> > > based the structure entirely upon them. Of course as author of the potato
> > > notes i welcome your feedback.
> >
> > Well, I noticed that the "upgrade process" section is empty, and AFAICT this
> > hasn't changed a bit since potato. And I don't understand why you named it
> > releasenotes-i386 -- the platform-specific parts can live together in the
> > same document/file...
>
> Right, i am confused now, why arent the platform specific bits not lumped
> together for potato. Or maybe they are. I was unsure about the upgrade bit,
> but if you say they are the same then thanks i know i can now copy it
> verbatim.

They are, like this:

[stuff for all]

<![ %not-i386 [
[stuff for all of them except for i386]
]]>

<![ %powerpc [
[stuff just for powerpc]
]]>

<![ %arm [
[stuff just for arm]
]]>

[more stuff for all]

It would be good if you continued merging whatever you can into your new
file, and then when you think you finished, copy the file into the dir where
you checked out the previous version (boot-floppies/documentation/) and run
cvs diff -- that'll give you a decent idea about the amount of changes :)

This will also give you an idea on how much pain you are going to be
inflicting on the translators :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.