Re: Second draft of Woody release notes

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 10:40:05PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 06:56:52PM +0000, Rob Bradford wrote:
> > > I really wonder why you didn't base this on the existing release notes...
> > > there's a lot of stuff there that can be recycled, esp. the per-architecture
> > > stuff and generated SGML entities.
> >
> > I did use a suprisingly large amount of content from the potato notes and i
> > based the structure entirely upon them. Of course as author of the potato
> > notes i welcome your feedback.
>
> Well, I noticed that the "upgrade process" section is empty, and AFAICT this
> hasn't changed a bit since potato. And I don't understand why you named it
> releasenotes-i386 -- the platform-specific parts can live together in the
> same document/file...

Right, i am confused now, why arent the platform specific bits not lumped
together for potato. Or maybe they are. I was unsure about the upgrade bit,
but if you say they are the same then thanks i know i can now copy it
verbatim.

> I'm also saddened by the fact you simply removed the old copyrights. You
> mustn't do that.

No of course i shouldn't, but i did most of it from scratch only stealing
content. Remember this is only an early draft.

--
Rob 'robster' Bradford
Chief Editor/Lead developer