Re: Fwd: Re: Volunteer

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 02:06:24PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> At 13:16 +0200 10/18/01, Neil Youngman wrote:
> >In spite of the apparent lack of interest in the User Reference Manual I have
> >produced a brief outline of what the Networking Chapter could look like. If
> >the User Reference Manual is less dead than it appears, I would be willing to
> >expand on the outline below.
> >
> >Neil Youngman
> >

> >15.1 What this chapter covers
> >

>  [many good things deleted]
>

> >On Friday 12 October 2001  3:53 pm, Neil Youngman wrote:
> >> Following the recent request for volunteers on DWN, I thought I might try
> >> to help out. A quick look at the manuals show that there is a lot to be
> >> done in the user reference manual, but the listed maintainer says that he
> >> has not been involved with the project for a couple of years.
> >>
> >> Is this manual still being maintained or should I look for another document
> >> that I might be able to help with?
> >>
> >> Neil Youngman
> >

> Which way shoud Neil and others go,
> to get their ideas materialezed in Debian?
>
> Probably two answers are needed.
> Technical: Which tools to use.
> Politycal: How to get documentation contributions sponsored.

As far as tools, debiandoc-sgml would be a good package to get. There are a
few pages of docs for it under www.debian.org/doc/.

I've been hanging out on debian-doc for a few months now, and I've yet to
see something like a documentation sponsor. That's exactly what's needed.

The Documentation Coordinator listed at www.debian.org/doc/cvs, Adam Di
Carlo (aph), mentioned he's going back to documentation after his extremely
busy boot-floppies tour of duty (to end soon), so undoubtedly he will be
able to provide answers. He's certainly been very helpful to me in the
debian-boot area.

|  .''`.  |   Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>          |
| : :'  : |   debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>  |
| `. `'`  |      Chris Tillman        tillman@azstarnet.com      |
|   `-    |            May the Source be with you                |