Re: Documentation help?

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 12:18:31PM -0400, Mark Johnson wrote:
> Kevin Cullis writes:
> > I'm currently focusing on cataloging Linux Documentation and was
> > wondering if Debian would like to adopt my cataloging system of Linux
> > Documentation?  My web site will be up in the next couple of months, but
> > you can get the jest of it here:
> >
> > http://www.linuxloc.com
> >
> > I'm categorizing all of the HOWTOs, man pages, etc into a system which
> > will have five approaches to find an answer.
>
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I saw a post you made to the ldp-meta list. Are you planning to use
> the Open Source Metadata Framework (OMF)?
>
> This stuff looks pretty interesting, and potentially useful. Does it
> require the creation of a separate OMF entry for each doc to be
> catalogued? If so, do have a means to automate the process for
> DocBook?

The LDP HOWTO Coordinator, Greg Ferguson, wrote a perl script called
`db2omf' that will build valid omf files from your docbook sources.
Write gferg@sgi.com and ask for it. It is version 0.1, but it has
worked for me.

Linux Documentation Project                   david@lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

Those who can't write, write manuals.

I swear this fortune just came up randomly! :-/
DCM