Re: Proposal: Weekly Debian user FAQ.

On Thursday 17 May 2001 18:45, Marco Herrn wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 09:51:59PM +0200, Stefano Canepa wrote:
> > You are right people ask thinks again and again but are you sure they
> > will stop asking the same question more times if the have a weekly-FAQ?
> > Today we have news archives, mailing list archives and the whole
> > Internet but we like personal interaction and continue asking directly
> > for help.
>
> That is correct, but a FAQ is more user-friendly and easier to use than a
> mailing-list archive. The debian-user archive surely is putting off a lot
> of people because of its large amount of mail. A FAQ could be a good
> alternative for that.

Here's a blatant plug.

It's not a weekly or monthly FAQ but a few of us newbies (you may not be that
but we are) are trying to build something similiar to this at sourceforge.
The address is in my signature line.  If you're getting an itch to write,
please visit the page and give us a chance.  We need all the help we can get.
I mean it.

Regards,
Jesse
--