Proposal: Weekly Debian user FAQ.

Gentle people,

	I wish to propose the following piece of documentation:
The user list (debian-user@lists.debian.org) is an extremely efficient method
of obtaining technical support regarding Debian issues and non-Debian
issues. Since many users encounter similar contemporary problems it would
be nice if frequent questions/answers will be documented in a central place.
This is especially useful because some users may wish to avoid the hectic
traffic in debian-user. It also saves the user time harvesting the relevant
information from all the (Occasionally non-accurate) replies.
The prospective FAQ will be updated under a weekly basis.
Now the question is: Should we incorporate this document in the existing Debian
FAQ? Below are some arguments for and against.

For:

* It's the logical thing to do, after all, these *are* frequent asked questions.
* We should not burden the users with many separate documentation, because such
  a separation might arouse confusion as to which FAQ is the relevant FAQ for
  a given problem.

Against:

* The FAQ will be updated frequently, and will probably grow considerably within
  a short period of time. This might make the FAQ bulky and illogical in the
  sense that it will contain numerous non-related questions/answers.

My personal inclination is to separate the existing user FAQ and create
Debian-Weekly-FAQ or something similar. We could also summarize weekly
FAQ's and form bi-monthly "master" FAQ's.

Feedback and comments are highly solicited.

	Regards, Yotam Rubin