Volunteering & suggestions for improving documentation

Hi Doc-Debian people,

We'd like to commence a linux course here in Melbourne using Debian as
the preferred distribution. Rather than re-invent the wheel and write my
own course notes I figured a better investment of my time would be to
assist the Debian documentation project to improve its documentation.

Redundant, obsolete and unfriendly documentation is one of the major
hinderances to new Linux users.

Areas for improvement I can think of:
Providing a systematic, simple, consistent, comprehensive and elegant
(and probably a few more adjectives I missed) documentation structure
throghout Debian.
Eliminating redundancy
Eliminating obsolete documentation
Eliminating waffle

My immediate interest is in a making improvements to the installation
documentation and eliminating some redundancy here.
I'd also be interested in some sort of software guide to make it easier
to filter through all the applications.

Please let me know how I can help.

regards,

Adam

 Adam Brown                     mailto:adam@freestream.com.au

 Freestream - Engineering and scientific computing

 17 Stanlake St Footscray        http://www.freestream.com.au
 3011, Melbourne,                      Phone: +61 3 9317 8471
 Australia                               Fax: +61 3 9318 5069