Re: Notes for DDP writers

On Sun, Feb 14, 1999 at 01:03:16AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> I've thought of another reason to object to generic Linux manuals
> being handled/written by Debian.  At some point soon (this year?
> next?)  Debian will no longer be specific to Linux; we will have
> Debian GNU/Hurd.  Others are considering Debian/Solaris distributions.
>
> Do you really wanna bite all that off?

There must be some confusion somewhere.

I have never indicated that Debian should have generic Linux
manuals. Last year I wrote something to the effect that LDP manuals
should be left as they are, and DDP should have Debian specific
manuals. I don't think my writings from friday can be considered to
support generic Linux manuals in Debian either. Where did this start?

Are there some manuals in DDP that are generic Linux manuals? Is that
bad?