Re: debian book offer -- ideas? authors?

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 11:00:19PM +0000, Tom Lees wrote:
> May I suggest we start of with maybe a book aimed at Users, seeing as we do
> have plenty of documentation on-line available for developers. Something
> along the lines of the Linux-Getting-Started guide, but with more details
> about Networks, system admin, and lots more Debian-specific stuff (maybe
> chapters on dpkg/dselect, etc.).

I've been thinking about this actually.  Even considered writing
something to the effect at one point or another.  Installation of Debian
is not difficult but it does require in some cases a little help,
especially when you get to the dselect stage.  Even better if the book
shipped with an official CD set.  =>

Would anyone else be interested in co-authoring such a thing with me?  I
know how to install Debian in a lot of cases and I know how to configure
many parts of the system, but I certainly don't know all there is to know
about everything in configuring and using a Debian system.

--
"You're despicable."  -- Daffy Duck