Re: debian book offer -- ideas? authors?

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 04:34:50PM -0500, Nils Lohner wrote:

> This would be a Good Thing (tm).  Debian-doc has livened up again over the
> past few months, and it seems like several people are writing now.  I've
> cc:'ed debian-doc, Oliver (who's coordinating most of the work) and Dale, as
> he's already written a Debian book.  Plus, with a publisher interested, they
> might be able to put a paid person on coordinating the effort, and that
> would be invaluable to the documentation effort IMO.

[...]
> In message <oar9u6v0aa.fsf@burrito.fake>, Adam Di Carlo writes:
> >Moreover, I'm not sure what the topic should be.  My contact at IDG
> >has stated its generally better if the author(s) decide upon the
> >topic.  She's amenable to one directed towards users, developers, or
> >whatever.
[...]

May I suggest we start of with maybe a book aimed at Users, seeing as we do
have plenty of documentation on-line available for developers. Something
along the lines of the Linux-Getting-Started guide, but with more details
about Networks, system admin, and lots more Debian-specific stuff (maybe
chapters on dpkg/dselect, etc.).

--
Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk> <tom@debian.org>  http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/
PGP Key: finger tom@master.debian.org, http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/pgpkeys.asc.