The How-to-get-started Manual (fwd)

Would anyone care to take on this project?

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Tue, 01 Dec 1998 21:54:53 -0600
From:    Lyno Sullivan <lls@freedomain.org>
To:      olly@lfix.co.uk
Subject: The How-to-get-started Manual

RE: "The How-to-get-started Manual"
<http://www.debian.org/~elphick/ddp/example.html>

My understanding is poor but, as a new author, I would find the following
topics or URL pointers useful:

. Debian Documentation style guide
. Issues of the copyright notice block, licensing (GPL, LGPL, etc.)
. Designating authors and maintainers
. Registering a new documentation product with Debian
. Issues of citing sources, fair use, bibliographies
. How to make URL's pointing to other documentats that will persist when
the document is distributed (relative vs. absolute links)
. Placing local address tags inside a document, so other documents can
point inside the document
. Relationship to LDP and related projects
. Netiquette for the debian-doc listserv, etc.

- --
Copyright(c) 1998 Lyno Sullivan; this work is free and may be
copied, modified and distributed under the GNU Library General
Public License (LGPL) <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lgpl.html> and
it comes with absolutely NO WARRANTY;  mailto:lls@freedomain.org

------- End of Forwarded Message

     "For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be
      removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee,
      neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed,
      saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee."
                                        Isaiah 54:10