integration of LDP was Re: debiandoc-sgml vs. docbook

Hi there,

I think that one big point was missed in the last discussion about
DocBook:

DocBook is the DTD that will be (or is?) used by the LDP. It is
definitely used by the GNOME people to document the desktop. So many
other parties are able to use the standard DocBook DTD that has been
designed over many years from many people and we/Debian are not!?

It would be a lot easier to exchange written documents between LDP,
GNOME and Debian if the formatting remains the same.

The tools are in place. I've written my diploma thesis over half a
year ago and jade & Co worked pretty fine including the processing of
images. (my only problem was the bad formatting of tables that has
been fixed some month ago) It was very easy to modify the appearance
of the resulting document using the DocBook-stylesheets (I've used the
beta ones before the 1.00 release, today the version number is 1.23
...)

Hope it helps
            Christian

--