Re: Documentation co-ordinator

> All of the documentation on the webpage is currently outside the DDP; we
> will need to get its various authors to co-ordinate with us.  Ideally, this
> would involve their putting it into DDP's cvs repository.

In the list of packages you give below, you list debian-policy, the packaging
manual and the developers-reference. Those are all on the web pages.
The FAQ is also on the web pages.

>   >Christian did put some thought into the organization of the DDP so I
>   >wouldn't start changing things until you have a good reason.
>   >Any decisions regarding placement should take into account that the
>   >documentation appears in the following places:
>   >   within the DDP web pages
>   >   on the Debian web pages
>   >   under /doc on the ftp archive
>
> These 3 can be all the same file(s), no?

Of course. My point is that if the structure is changed it must be done in
such a way that the documents have a logical structure everywhere they appear.

> There are the packages: doc-debian (Santiago Vila), doc-linux (Dirk
> Eddelbuettel), debian-policy (orphaned, but probably the Technical
> Committee), packaging-manual (orphaned), developers-reference (orphaned).
> These appear to be the only ones (apart from the non-English documentation
> packages) that contain documentation that is not specific to a software
> package.

Jay Treacy