Re: Debian User's Manual

Jason Waterman wrote:
  >Forgive me if this has been aswered before, I've been a bit out of
  >touch lately.  Is the Debian User's Manual on the debian web page
  >supported by DDP, or someone else?

This is wrongly named.  It is actually the Debian Tutorial, and it
supersedes the Debian User Manual on the DDP pages.  The Debian User
Manual is supposed to be split up into other sections, but that has
not yet been done.

  >I notice we have our own version of a Debian User's Manual on the DDP
  >pages, which doesn't seem the same as the one on the Debian pages.
  >What is the relationship between the two, if any?

Havoc Pennington started to write stuff for the Debian User Manual, but it
turned into the Debian Tutorial.  The Tutorial pages are under his
directory.

  >If we are not maintaing the one on the Debian web page, perhaps we
  >should think about it or at least try to combine our efforts.  This
  >document is really the thing people are going to look at when they
  >come to the debian site, so I think it would be worth putting some
  >effort there.

I hope to get things like this sorted out shortly.  See the thread on
the Documentation co-ordinator.

  >The reason I ask all this is that I have spent the past couple of
  >weeks setting up a small lan with with ppp, and a cable modem, and I'd
  >might as well write some of the networking chapter while it's all
  >fresh in my mind.  That looks like chapter 15 of the tutorial on the
  >debian page.

Please do.  Co-ordinate with Havoc Pennington on this.

     "Seeing then that we have a great high priest who has
      gone into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us
      hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not
      have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with
      our weaknesses, but we have one who was tempted in
      every way, just as we are-yet was without sin."
                             Hebrews 4:14,15