Re: Debian User's Manual

Adam P. Harris wrote:

  >Robert, it's nice to see your working on the site.  However, Oliver's
  >main point, as I read it, is that
  >http://www.debian.org/developers_corner is orphaned, effectively.

I don't know about that one; I'm talking of
http://fatman.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-doc/ and everything
that it links to.  (Now that I look at its URL, I see that it is run by
Christian Schwarz, who has left the project.  DDR needs a new home page
site...)  In particular, the various manuals link to development versions
and SGML source code at http://www.tip.nl/~t348902/DDP/.  These are where
already submitted contributions should have gone and haven't.

  > We
  >need someone to step up the the plate and take that over.  Someone who
  >has some time (probably not a ton of time), who is organized, who has
  >thick skin (i.e., won't let a few flames bother them), who can
  >interact with others and try to coordinate documentation efforts.
  >
  >Futhermore the whole DDP pages should be hosted off a .debian.org
  >machine, and hopefully be mirrored around like anything in normal
  >www.debian.org space.
  >
  >Any takers?  I'm too busy with work and the metadata project and my
  >packages and hamm (soon over thank god!).

If necessary, I will do it; however, the bit that I have been complaining of
is in Ardo's power...