Re: manpages maintainer now accepting some section 1 manpages.

Hi,
     This sounds like a mistake to me.  Presently the debian
maintainers are responsible for providing manpages for their packages
if the upstream source doesn't contain them.  Providing some in the
manpages package would dilute this responsibility, and would mean the
the maintainer, who presumably know his package, would not be in a
position to verify their accuracy.  I am sure most maintainers would
welcome having manpages for their packages submitted to them,  and I
think the man-pages maintainer should forward any such submittals to
the maintainer of the package involved.

Bob

--
   _