Re: Re^6: document registration policy needing to be written

On 16 Apr 1998, Adam P. Harris wrote:

> Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:
> > On 16 Apr 1998, Adam P. Harris wrote:
> > > I'm not quite sure what's up with these.  Christian, can you recount
> > > the justification for these?
>
> > The "Files:" is needed for document conversion. doc-base will eventuall
> > support the following options (besides a lot of others):
> >
> >     - keep plain HTML files
> >     - compress HTML files with gzip at installation time
> >     - ditto, but fix href's before
> >     - remove any HTML files at installation time
>
> > To be able to implement this, I've added the Files: tag. But since no
> > document conversion code has been written yet, this tag could also be
> > changed/renamed--if you think that's necessary.
>
> Ok.  Whatever the name, is it a requirement that any particular file
> only appear in one and only one 'Files:' line?

To keep it simple, yes.  (I could think of a situation where several HTML
documents use a common set of graphics files. But things would be a lot
harder for doc-base if this would be allowed. But if you have a nice idea
how to handle these situations...)

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz