Re^8: document registration policy needing to be written

Am 16.04.98 schrieb apharris # burrito.onshore.com ...

Moin Adam!

APH> Did you read the doc-base documention yet, Marco?

No, sorry, I don#t have it.

APH> It is the document ID.  Currently, in doc-base (and this affects your
APH> new document standard registration format you proposed) every document
APH> may have one and only one Debian-unique ID.  Each document id has a

Could you explain, why we need a document ID?

APH> control file (in /usr/share/doc-base).

That#s not good. Keep packages like doc-linux in mind.

APH>  Each document id may have many
APH> formats.

I think we don#t need this ID, we need only a tag to separate two
documents in ony file (like <item>).

APH> Yes, but it is a field that actually makes sense to speakers of
APH> English, unlike "linkname".

Ok, I agree.

APH> Sure.  Arguably.  Then I could have an index on authors.  You could
APH> sort by author.

I#m not sure, this tag should be optional.

APH> What?

Sorry, HTML should be allowed in abstract, right?

APH> I'm not quite sure what's up with these.  Christian, can you recount
APH> the justification for these?

Maybe he uses it for a search engine? I think, we should drop it.

APH> It's name is SGML.  (Mark my words, MSWord will support XML this
APH> year.)

:). I don#t think so. But who uses Word :). It#s LaTeX time.

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.de           Fido: 2:240/5202.15
Mailbox: mbudde@hqsys.antar.com    http://www.tu-harburg.de/~semb2204/