Re: DocBook instead of debiandoc-sgml? (was Re: Planning an Italian manual)

Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo.van.rangelrooij@tip.nl> writes:

> One of the advantages of having an own DTD, though, is that WE control
> what's happening to it.  However, I don't expect DocBook to be changed
> that radically, especially since the industry is using it and thereby
> almost a de facto standard.

That's no problem, we can extend the DocBook DTD and customize it for
our needs.

I for myself see the need for the some days ago proposed skeleton tag
to be able to coordinate international Debian documentation.

IMHO there is no need in the DocBook DTD for a <STRONG> tag. There is
an <EMPHASIS> tag. For all other purposes are special tags,
i.e. commands, filenames, token etc.

Bye
  Christian

--