Topics from: http://pcheise1.mathematik.tu-muenchen.de/~schwarz/debian-doc/topics.html

<URL LOCAL="file:/usr/doc/xxx" REMOTE="http://www.debian.org/doc/xxx";>This
is the title of the document</URL>

This makes sense to me, even tho I am not SGML literate yet.
Scenario 1:

Each manual gets its own Debian package, which includes:

Scenario 2:

- one manual per package, package installs HTML output with local
references plus "hidden" information about Internet links
- the package suggests all referenced packages

- there is one big package for each non-standard output format, for
example a debian-manuals-ps package containing the PS versions of _all_
Debian manuals

I like Scenario 2, but am not sure I am completely understanding
everything.  I would guess that this is about the individual packages and
their manual/Documentation or lack thereof.
	If the above is true, I would suggest a text and an HTML version
for each package, that is included with the package, and then some other
method to get all the other formats, or the source code to build your own
formats.
	Possible build one Debian package for each area in dselect, i.e.
in the X11 section, build an X11 DOC package, that includes the SGML
source with a make-file for all the X11 packages.
	Possible, build one debian package that includes a front-end for
all the different types of documentation, that will let you select which
package, and which format.?

am I just way off base? as I just got here, and am new to all this stuff,
but am willing to help..
-Craig