Re: Is Debian FAQ being maintained?

Sue Ann Campbell <sacampbe@mercator.math.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> There are some link errors in the Debian FAQ and some outdated info.
>
> Is anyone currently maintaining this?

The maintainers are listed in the FAQ. Nobody is doing real work on
it. I expect the debian-doc people to take over the FAQ.

> I could simply make some corrections to the copies on the web
> site. Putting them into the source would better.

The FAQ was in a CVS repository before master was moved. I could fix
the cvs repository.

> Of course, I'd love to see most of the FAQ go into a Debian
> users manual and have the FAQ be used for more general
> info and release specific stuff. There is a lot of useful
> info in the FAQ, but it's become a bit unwieldy in size.

Nevertheless a FAQ should exist. The important thing about the FAQ is
that we can post it once a month to comp.os.linux.answers. This will
give us publicity for free. (When the current FAQ was up-to-date I
posted it, but posting the current version makes no sense.)

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de>
http://www.sax.de/~sr1/