Re: finally end single-person maintainership

Am 23.05.2024 20:16 schrieb Bernd Zeimetz <bernd@bzed.de>:

On Thu, 2024-05-23 at 11:01 +0900, Simon Richter wrote:
> Yes, but unironically: experimental is a side branch, unstable is a
> MR,
> and testing is the main branch.
>
> It is entirely valid to be dissatisfied with the turnaround time of
> the
> existing CI, but what we're seeing here is the creation of a parallel
> structure with as-of-yet unclear scope.

You are wasting a lot of hardware resources we don't have by abusing
experimental as a CI. Don't do that.

I have a string feeling that it is easier for Debian to set up more hardware (I'm thinking of the "how should we spend the money we have" mails) than it is to find more maintainers.

Using the resources we have if that saves time on the developer side seems reasonable to me. But IMHO, it would be better to use Salsa CI für that, not experimental.