Re: finally end single-person maintainership

Hi Stefano,

Am Tue, May 21, 2024 at 02:36:47PM +0000 schrieb Stefano Rivera:
> Hi Philip (2024.05.21_10:05:59_+0000)
> > Attempts at top-down imposition of new methods on Debian strike me as
> > being unlikely to induce joy in anyone involved.
>
> Yeah, that doesn't fly in community projects like Debian at all.

ACK.

> However, there is a gap between getting a DEP approved and getting the
> rest of the project to fully embrace it. That's something that takes
> some leadership in the project. DPLs are in a great position to help
> drive these changes forward.

I confirm I see myself in the "help to get something happening"
position.  I'm fully aware that we can't push anything top-down.  I see
a big step forward in permitting some progress in the first place since
I assume we have quite some volunteers who would implement this progress
which is just not permitted by some rules we have.

(My current challenge is to even find out what is broken first as
I'm currently learning in the lintian case.)

Kind regards
   Andreas.

--
https://fam-tille.de