Re: finally end single-person maintainership

Hi,

On Sun, 2024-04-07 at 16:44 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Do you think that mandating Salsa is a sensible step in this
> direction?

Absolutely.

Also I think requiring a common git layout and the usage of recent
versions of dh should be required. Using merge requests instead of
sending patches should be recommended, or at least we could have a
service that creates and maintains merge requests based on patches
found in bug reports.

All these things should make it much more easy for other people or
automated tools to send merge requests or keep maintaining a package in
case the original maintainer becomes MIA.

Bernd