Re: Salsa - best thing in Debian in recent years? (Re: finally end single-person maintainership)

Hello,

On Sun 19 May 2024 at 12:32pm -07, Otto Kekäläinen wrote:

> You could go to
> https://salsa.debian.org/debbugs-team/debbugs/-/merge_requests/19 and
> conduct a code review?
>
> You might discover that GitLab is useful and is not duplicating
> Debbugs or anything else in Debian - it is currently the only platform
> to conduct code reviews on in a way that has automatic testing and
> comment-response-resolved -tracking. Doing code reviews patches
> attached in email does not have that.
>
> If you try it out, and still think Salsa is bad for Debian, then I am
> more willing to accept your stanze.

I have tried it out, and am happy for those maintainers that like it to
use it, but I do not want to maintain most of my packages that way.
I want people to send me patches to the BTS / project ML.

--
Sean Whitton