Re: About i386 support

On Sun, 19 May 2024 15:03:18 +0200, Victor Gamper
<victor@wenzeslaus.de> wrote:
>I believe I could swap out the processor on my T60,
>however, I'd both need to have that processor and
>make sure that it is actually possible. It still would
>not really make sense on a platform that only supports
>3G of physical RAM.
>
>Anyways, if the only reason why i386 cd images are not
>supported anymore is the lack of contributors,
>I'd be willing to contribute in that area, if it's possible.

If you don't personally care about that T60, because it's the notebook
your mom gave you for your 16th birthday or so, you would probably be
better served with buying another old T-Thinkpad that can run amd64
AND suport amounts of memory that haven't totally fallen out of time.

Ten year old 64bit Notebooks such as the T420 or T430 (three years
younger than your T60) sell for below 100 Euros. Is that a problem?

Greetings
Marc
Rhein-Neckar, DE   |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |
Nordisch by Nature | Lt. Worf, TNG "Rightful Heir" | Fon: *49 6224 1600402