Re: Any volunteers for lintian co-maintenance?

On May 19, 2024 11:00:23 AM UTC, Andrey Rakhmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:
>On Sun, May 19, 2024 at 12:49:29PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> > It also fails as an archive QA tool in my view since the FTP masters have
>> > been unwilling to upgrade to any recent version of lintian.
>>
>> Perhaps a ftpmaster could explain this in detail. As far as I understand,
>> it's also a DSA issue. All packages are obtained from stable.
>Per e.g. the discussion on #debian-devel on 2024-04-01, this specific
>package is older than even that. Per the same discussion, we don't have
>(or at least couldn't find) an *official* reason for that, only
>speculation.
>But, sure, running lintian from stable on packages for unstable can also
>cause problems up to autorejects.

We run the version of lintian that was packaged for the Debian version that's in use.  Currently that's oldstable.  Because the override format changed between oldstable and stable, it's a particular problem at the moment.  Once we're on stable again, at least that aspect of the disconnect will go away.  Note: as a lowly FTP Assistant, I don't know if that is * official* enough for you or not.

No, I don't know when DSA will upgrade it.  It's a matter of coordination between DSA and the FTP Team that I haven't personally been involved in.

Scott K