Re: Run Debian packaging tasks remotely with debusine.debian.net

On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 09:28:06PM +0530, Praveen Arimbrathodiyil wrote:
> cat > work-request-ruby-semver-dialects.debusine << END
> build_components:
> - any
> - all
> host_architecture: amd64
> input:
>   source_artifact_id: 788
> environment_id: 154
> END
>
> debusine create-work-request sbuild <
> work-request-ruby-semver-dialects.debusine
> result: success
> message: Work request registered on https://debusine.debian.net/api with id
> 155.
> work_request_id: 155
>
> log
> https://debusine.debian.net/artifact/789/configure_for_execution.log

Your environment_id apparently refers to a debian:binary-packages
artifact, not a debian:system-tarball artifact.  I think this is because
you gave it the work request ID of your mmdebstrap job rather than the
ID of the artifact it produced.  Looking at
https://debusine.debian.net/work-request/154/, you should try
"environment_id: 786" instead.

This sort of mistake is pretty easy to make right now with the low-level
interface that we currently have.  It'll be easier once we've done a bit
more work on collections, at which point debusine will have its own idea
of reasonable base tarballs to use for (e.g.) unstable amd64 builds and
won't need to be told manually.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson@debian.org]