Re: Yearless copyrights: what do people think?

Quoting Richard Laager (2023-02-22 21:47:49)
> I maintain a package where upstream has dropped the years. I was told
> that multiple big tech companies with serious lawyers looked at this and
> felt it was fine.

Big tech companies typically don't use free software licensing for the
same reasons as (some) of our users: As I mentioned earlier, for most
legal jurisdictions there is no (or little) legal benefit for the
copyright holders in expressing copyright statements, the benefit is for
others doing derived works which big tech companies typically care less
about.

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones