Re: Yearless copyrights: what do people think?

I maintain a package where upstream has dropped the years. I was told that multiple big tech companies with serious lawyers looked at this and felt it was fine.

I fully support:
  - upstreams dropping years from copyright notices
  - Debian not requiring maintainers to preserve years in
    debian/copyright files.