Re: DEP-5 copyright with different licenses for two parts of the same file

Quoting Marc Haber (2023-08-29 18:31:52)
> in daemon(1), I have a file with has two contradicting licenses in the
> same file. See
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian/daemon/-/blob/master/libslack/getopt.c
>
> >From the wording of the second copyright notice, I think it is clear
> that that notice applies to the POD documentation included in the file
> while the actual code is LGPL. Upstream confirms that this is the
> intention and agrees that this is somehow suboptimally worded.
>
> Now, how do I write this in a DEP-5 copyright file? Having two stanzas
> for the same file gets flagged by Lintian as an Error, and the DEP-5
> syntax doesn't seem to allow to mention two Licenses in the License:
> line.

Yes, DEP-5 supports multiple licenses for one file:

Files: getopt.c
Copyright: 1987-1998  Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License: GPL-2+ and LGPL-2+
Comment:
 Embedded POD documentation is licensed LGPL-2+
 and other parts are licensed GPL-2+.

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones