Re: Reducing allowed Vcs for packaging?

Hello,

On Sat 04 Mar 2023 at 07:25PM +02, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> for the contents of packages in the archive the ftp team requires that
> everything is in the preferred form of modification.
>
> It is therefore surprising that you as member of the ftp team declare
> that there is no requirement at all that the packages themselves that
> get uploaded to the archive are in the preferred form of modification
> as long as the preferred form of modification is in salsa.

That is not what I meant.

We certainly want some mechanism to enforce a correspondence between
preferred forms for modification and binary packages, so that we know we
have the former for every one of the latter.

dgit-repos and dak's archive of source packages both serve this purpose.

--
Sean Whitton