Re: DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nowerror

On Fri, Feb 24, 2023 at 08:27:53AM +0100, Helmut Grohne wrote:
> > Also I think it was recommended to *not* use -Werror by default as it
> > is too fragile. Maybe one should have a "developer mode" flag instead
> > that allows using -Werror?
>
> Well, if we were avoiding -Werror by default, we wouldn't have this
> discussion. It certainly isn't consensus.
It was also my understanding that we recommend not using -Werror during
build process and maybe even not enabling it by default by upstreams. I
don't know if it's written down anywhere, maybe it should be.
Also if something is not implemented in many packages it doesn't mean it's
not the project consensus, maybe it's just not enforced and not
recommended enough yet :)