Re: Need a buildd build after trip through NEW -- best practice?

[My earlier mail went blank, not sure what's up with K-9]

On 24 August 2022 3:29:10 am IST, Steven Robbins <steve@sumost.ca> wrote:
>The binary upload cannot transition to testing -- a buildd binary build is
>required.  So far as I know -- assuming [1] is still up-to-date, this means a
>nuisance upload just bumping the debian revision from -1 to -2.  Is this still
>the recommended practice?

Yes.

>I've also been wondering about the "Give Back" action button on the buildd log
>page.  It doesn't work in this case because "Package in state Installed,
>cannot give back. ✗".

Yes, because it already succeeded. You can only `give back' for builds that failed.

> Wondering if the logic can be modified to also check
>whether the build was done on a buildd -- e.g. check whether the logs column
>contains "no log".  If it wasn't a buildd build, can the giveback be allowed?

It seems intentional, so that source-only uploads are really done. But you might want to ask wanna-build team (I am not a member/admin) here[2]

>[1] https://wiki.debian.org/SourceOnlyUpload
[2]:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-wb-team/
--