rules-needs-root: yes (Was: popularity-contest: support for XB-Popcon-Reports: no)

Hi,

Am Wed, May 04, 2022 at 07:23:43PM +0200 schrieb julien.puydt@gmail.com:
> If there's a growing list of boolean control fields, isn't it the
> indication that some sort of tagging system might make more sense?
>
> Instead of three lines:
>
> XB-Popcon-Reports: no
> Rules-Requires-Root: yes
> Pants-Need-Washing: yes
>
> The same package could use a single line:
>
> Tags: no-popcon-reports, rules-needs-root, pants-need-washing

ACK.

> (aside: by default rules doesn't need root... that would make one not-
> very-useful line less in so many packages!)

I'd like to stress this!  If "rules-needs-root: no" would be default
the majority of packages could be build.  So why not making this the
default and just specify
   rules-needs-root: yes
if needed?

> Some of our tools might provide easy queries to the feature:
>
> $ apt-cache has-tag rules-needs-root my-beautiful-package
>
> $ apt-cache list-tags my-beautiful-package

Makes sense.

Kind regards
   Andreas.

--