Re: generic viewer for md files

Quoting Faidon Liambotis (2022-01-24 20:08:01)
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 04:29:54PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > For *packaging* Markdown-authored documentation, where common format
> > is html and plaintext, I still recommend to first consider more
> > conservative and lightweight options¹, then more conservative yet
> > heavy options² - i.e. only consider exciting tools when boring ones
> > are unsuitable.
>
> Agreed, and why I recommended lowdown as a pretty conservative and
> lightweight option.

Sorry if I was unclear: I recommend *conservative* options over *pretty
conservative* options.  :-P

See e.g. "accurate" and "robust" at https://github.com/commonmark/cmark
(didn't find any comparable claims at lowdown Homepage).

> cmark is a good option too; pandoc is as well, if bootstrapping is not
> a concern.

Use <!nodoc> to avoid bootstrapping being a concern.

 - Jonas