Re: chromium: Update to version 94.0.4606.61 (security-fixes)

On 1/5/22 13:14, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 01:52:33PM +0100, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
I suppose I'll see how it goes in the coming few days.
So it's not crashing but it's being unbearably slow in gmail, to the
point that I just wasn't able to type a mail there, while throwing one
CPU core to 100%.
Also it was kind go generally slow in several other sites, compared to
v93.  Always compared to v93, it takes far longer (and by far much much
more CPU) to reopen the whole session (I keep ~50 tabs in 3 windows open
all the time, trusting the browser to reopen them where I left when I
close it).

I didn't mesure anything and I don't have any numbers to share, but
that's what I see.

At least, it looks like it has not been leaking as much memory as v93
was (that in this regard was buggier than v90).

If you want to try with chromium 97; it now builds as an official build, so those DCHECKs shouldn't even be compiled in. It also supports wayland automatically, in case that's related to your slowdowns.

https://salsa.debian.org/dilinger/chromium/-/tree/v97