Re: DD(s) to help DM land some long-overdue package updates?

在 2022-01-02星期日的 00:33 +0500,Andrey Rahmatullin写道:
> On Sat, Jan 01, 2022 at 07:06:09PM +0000, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> > Here's a summary of the packages I'm trying to update. If any DD can help
> > me
> > get these uploaded, I'd be most grateful
> The packages you listed are not orphaned and the changes you listed don't
> warrant NMUs so your only options are either sending your updated packages
> to their current maintainers, or
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#package-salvaging
>
> > I really just need a sponsor for uploads
> Well, that's not how it works for non-orphaned packages.
> Otherwise, see https://mentors.debian.net/sponsors/

I would suggest DDs with spare time to take a deeper look into the package
list provided by Reuben. Personally I found many of them neglected by their
package maintainers.

That being said, while providing a list onto debian-devel is not a bad idea,
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.en.html#package-salvaging
should be the correct choice. For a specific example, I just spotted
https://bugs.debian.org/961136 the second time (last time back in May 2020);
let me know if you would like to initiate a package salvaging process on this
certain package and I can help.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang