Re: Switch default from PulseAudio to PipeWire (and WirePlumber) for audio

On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 4:53 PM Diederik de Haas <didi.debian@cknow.org> wrote:
> I think there currently aren't that many Debian users which do use PW and I
> think that switching the default audio provider in all of Debian (not just
> Gnome) is FAR more involved then the impression I got from this ML thread.

At least on my part, this discussion is only about GNOME,
specifically, the gnome-core package and probably
gnome-settings-daemon.

You're still able to keep using PulseAudio especially if you are using
other desktops. I don't know when and if other Debian desktops will
switch because I'm not involved in those decisions.

I'll likely upload the gnome-core change to Unstable tomorrow.

Thank you,
Jeremy Bicha