Re: Lintian breaks existing lintian-overrides due to added []

On 29/06/22 at 15:49 +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Correct, except that it happened for quite a while (7 months at least)
> and was (and maybe still is — see below) a continuous transition. It
> is present since at least 2.114.0 from November 2021. According to the
> git history, the implementation started shortly before the 2.114.0
> upload, but the bug report which requested this is actually from 2014:
> https://bugs.debian.org/743226
>
> And yes, 2.115.0 (but not 2.115.1 or 2.115.2 from today) had more such
> changes as there were over 200 commits from Felix included which he
> did after 2.114.0, but which weren't uploaded since then.

Hi Axel,

Just a note that since the last version of lintian to migrate to testing
was 2.111 (which was also the last one to be backported to stable), some
of us might not have updated since 2.111 and might be hit by changes
that happened since then.

(I'm not arguing whether it should be kept or reverted, but I'm just
mentioning this as other disruptive changes might be discovered in the
coming days)

Lucas