Re: Lintian breaks existing lintian-overrides due to added []

Hello,

Axel Beckert, le mer. 29 juin 2022 15:49:11 +0200, a ecrit:
> > I consider these [] not helpful […] no visible advantage.
>
> The advantage is to clearly mark what is a file with potentially a
> line number in the output of lintian so that further processors like
> the lintian website can do deep links to the proper code position on
> e.g. sources.debian.org or salsa.debian.org. Felix called it "pointed
> hints".
>
> From my point of view, that's quite an advantage.

Yes, I fully agree.  The format migration poses problem (I had to patch
quite a few lintian files), but it solves a lot other current-and-future
problems: we can now just ignore whole sets of warnings for a given file
(typically one that is generated by some tool such as doxygen)

Samuel