Re: how to convey package porting details?

On Jun 06, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

> > Is this really worth the effort, considering that probably RISC-V is
> > going to be our last port for a very long time?
> you mean like 640kb should be enough for everyone? :)
More like "free ABI is eating the world".

I do not see much future for the architectures mentioned here except
maybe loongarch64 as a geopolitical tool, but sure: no objections if the
people who actually work on ports think this is worthwhile.
Maybe the usual suspects which require significant porting work could
start documenting instructions for porters in debian/README.source.

--
ciao,
Marco